Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Rash!

I have never in my life been more happy to discover a rash than I was this afternoon! After a week of a sick, puny, feverish baby the rash is here and my baby girl is back to normal! The verdict- roseola. The rash- a welcome sign that the virus is gone and my baby girl is better!

There is perhaps nothing more heartbreaking than having a sick baby. It was bad enough that my little trouble maker wanted to do nothing except lay on her Mama's chest ALL WEEK. (Don't be mistaken-while my heart was breaking I was also enjoying every minute!) But things got worse when we had to make an emergency trip to the doctor so they could run some tests. Poor thing braved through having blood drawn and having a catheter put in to get a urine sample among other uncomfortable procedures. She was a serious trooper, and all said and done, I think it was probably harder for me than it was for Abby. We'll add this one to the list of things nobody tells you about being a Mom.

I would have given anything for Abby to not be sick, but man did I love that time at home with her! I am more myself when I am being Abby's Mommy than any other time. It is the most fulfilling, fantastic job and it was so nice to be able to do it uninterrupted. One day, in a perfect world, we can figure out a way for me to do that more often.

So, my piggytailed Princess is covered in a rash. But smiling. And running. And back on her quest to systematically empty every unlocked cupboard in the house. (Note to self- some more cabinet locks, though EXTREMELY tedious, would probably be a good investment.) Our house is once again filled with that sweet, infectious giggle and I couldn't be more thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment